If you need a crash course in DIY plumbing or a refresher on changing a tire, where tự you go? If you are lượt thích most people, you go to lớn YouTube. With just a few clicks of the mouse you can quickly learn how to lớn tile your own bathroom. By nature, humans learn better with visuals. That is why video clip is becoming much more of a must-have in learning.
Bạn đang xem: chunk là gì
Research shows that by the over of the year, the majority of organizations will be using video clip as part of their digital training strategy. Video caters to lớn many types of learners and is engaging, memorable and fun. It’s also increasingly becoming a cost-effective way to lớn deliver complex information in a short time.
Video can be used effectively in several different areas:
People connect with and remember stories and video clip can help you tell those stories in elearning.
The key objective with video clip is to lớn tell a story. People connect with and remember stories, and video clip can help you tell those stories in elearning. But you have to lớn be strategic with video clip. First, the video clip has to lớn serve a purpose. Having video clip in the course just for the sake of having video clip is not effective. Second, you need to lớn take time to lớn tự your video clip right the first time around. Sloppy video clip can fall flat and be a distraction to lớn the learners.
Invest the creativity to lớn produce a well-done video clip. This doesn’t always mean expensive with high production value—Youtube is full of successful basement ventures—but even “looking simple” requires more thought and budget than vãn you might think.
So how can you incorporate video clip into your elearning courses? Here are a few simple ideas.
- Keep It Short. One reason why the “how-to” videos on YouTube are sánh successful is because they are short and to lớn the point. Keep each video clip short sánh you hold the learner’s attention. If needed, use the chunking strategy to lớn deliver information in videos.
- Use Relevant Scenarios. You want the learners to lớn relate to lớn the material being presented. Video can illustrate key concepts through relevant and authentic scenarios. You can also incorporate quizzes and hot spots throughout the video clip to lớn test the learner’s understanding of the information.
- Use Your Subject Matter Experts. Have your experts appear in a video clip clip if he or she is comfortable doing sánh. This can help build credibility and trust with the learners.
- Add Variety. It’s good practice to lớn try and mix things up sánh that your different course videos don’t all blend together. Use different people, voices, backgrounds and music when appropriate.
- Tell a Story. Everyone remembers a good story. Use this as an opportunity show the learner how the information fits together, connect them to lớn the material or help them understand new concepts. These types of stories are memorable to lớn your learners and will make an impact on them.
Are there ways video clip would help you communicate information better? Create more effective training by finding places video clip can tell stories and complement your nội dung.